Why I Recommend BlueHost
- Complete hosting solutions starting at $3.95 a month
- FREE Domain
- FREE Site Builders
- 1-ClickInstall (If you can’t get WordPress up and running within 30 minutes, they will do it for you FREE!)
- 24/7 Support
- 30 day Money Back Guarantee
- Superior training video’s and articles
- I suggest the prime shared hosting plans
Register Your Domain Name Thru BlueHost Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Register Your Domain
Type your desired domain name into the form below and click “check availability”
If your desired domain name is available next if try a new version:
STEP 2: Choose Your Hosting Package
Create your account and enter you information
- After you enter your account information, scroll down the page to choose your hosting package
- I suggest taking advantage of the low prices and sign up for a long-term hosting account. I use the Plus package and the 36-month plan
- I don’t use the options for Domain Privacy Protection, Site Back-Up Pro or Site-Lock Security. I use WordPress for website design and there are plug-ins (Jetpack has everything I need for just $9.00 per month) to get the same protection. If you’re going to design and maintain your website without WordPress then the Site Back-Up Pro and Site-Lock Security are good options.
- Choose your username and password. Write this information down and store it in a safe place. Very important!
- If you want DQ’s WebSolutions to design and manage your website, this is where you send us an email and tell us your signed up thru BlueHost and we will be in touch with options, terms, and payment information
- If you’re managing your site yourself you are set and ready to go.
Congratulations on taking the 1st step in your web presence.
Installing WordPress Using Bluehost cPanel
Installing WordPress is usually a 1-Click Install with most of the reputable hosting companies going through the cPanel. Below are easy to follow instructions how to install WordPress at
Below are easy to follow instructions how to install WordPress at Bluehost. Most cPanels will follow the same procedures, however, be sure to read the hosting company’s “how to file”.
Installing WordPress at Bluehost – An Easy to follow video!
- Log in to your hosting account
2. Go to your C-Panel
3. Scroll down until you see the section titled Website Builders
4. Click on WordPress
5. You be asked to choose a username and password: I recommend this username be different from your hosting account username and password. If you plan on creating more than one site with WordPress, use the same WordPress login information each time. All of your sites will be under 1 WordPress account.
6. Again write down this information and keep in a safe place.
7. Choose your directory, the root directory should be the default choice.
Your WordPress Dashboard will look like this:
Your WordPress Dashboard is where it all happens.
Now your ready to build your website or blog using WordPress. If you are interested in learning WordPress, I suggest using the easy to understand video tutorials by WP101
DQ’s WebSolutions offers a wide range of services ranging from installing WordPress, Customization of your Theme, Installing Plugins, or even a full custom website. Contact us here to explain your needs and a price list. Of course, if you signed up thru our links we offer some of these services at no charge.